Sunday, July 18, 2010

Sunshine and Lollipops...

What's so great about driving a cab in LA?

Let's see, I get to sit and watch people in their natural habitat. If you like to people watch - that's great.

Every day I get to meet a bunch of interesting people from just around the corner or from all around the world. If you're a people person - that's great.

If I am tired of one place (and the people that frequent that type of place) I move my office with a simple turn of the ignition key. If you get bored easily - that's great.

Often, I am 'along for the ride' smack in the middle of someone’s adventure of a lifetime (both the good ones and the bad ones). If you enjoy living vicariously - that's great.

If I pick up a dud or I am a dud on a particular day (it happens), they get out of the cab and my life. If you're human and have a pulse - that's great.

Sometimes a trip takes me to a place I have never been before, literally and figuratively. If you enjoy exploring - that’s great.

I get a new audience for old jokes and stories that my friends have heard a thousand times – If you’re like me - that's great.

There are at least 2,299 other 'kind soles' with which I have at least one thing in common and wave as our paths cross, watch my back and/or stop and if I need a hand. If you are ever in need - that's great.

All in all, I guess my life is a lot like yours; Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows as long as you're in love... With what you do, with whom you're with, or best of all - both!


2 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying reading your blog....real life stories that make u smile and even cry....if Im ever in LA I hope your my taxi driver....

    ReplyDelete